Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Grüezi - Eurpoe that I saw (3)

When I stood in front of the Federation of International PB270021Football Asociations (FIFA) headquarters today (09.12.2010), I felt like a world champion. One of the few reasons I am proud of being a human being is that, they can play football. Creating a song with a globe like thing- only human beings can do, and I am proud of being one among them.

 

I wished the entire members of our village football team -Victory Sports Club, Olavaipe were present with me there. I could have reached cloud nine if the team led by Ravanan, the effervescent captain, took out a show down with our arch rival Nehru Sports Club, Olavaipe in the football field situated in the premises of the HQ. But sadly our reliable goalie, Natesan at FIFA HQ‘Bhagavan’ Sasikumar will not be present. He had left from this world for ever four years back. A few drops tears is not enough to pay homage to my beloved childhood buddy….Sasikumar, may your soul rest in peace.

.

Natesan at FIFA HQ-2

The 'Home of FIFA', includes five underground levels, a fitness centre, meditation room, geographically themed parks and a full-size international football pitch. All these floors are underground. The height of the building, looking from outside, may be only ten or fifteen meters.

.

In the morning, I woke up much early. Yesterday night itselfNatesan at FIFA HQ-6, the excitation got into my head. I could not even sleep properly due to it. Turning sides, I got the night pass off. After taking bath, by eight o clock, I headed off to the Oerlikon railway station. Took a full day ticket from the automatic machine that costed 8 CHF (swiss francs). Got down at Zurich main station. Walked a little and reached the place where the tram no 6 to Zoo stops. Boarded the tram. It was just 20 minutes run for the tram. The same ticket was valid for tram too. Inside the tram, there was no conductor, but checking happens at random as the inspectors board the tram at their discretion.

.

The last stop for Tram No 6 is Zoo. There, the direction board showed where to go. I walked. Within hundred meters from the tram stopping, I was in front of the FIFA gate. I took out the camera and started clicking. No one was present anywhere nearby. This building is situated at an isolated place in the city.

.Natesan at FIFA HQ-1

I was not sure if outsiders were allowed inside. But since no one was seen there, I simply opened the gate on the left side and walked in. All along the way I took photos. All the places are thickly covered with snow. I wanted to enter the building but hesitated to do so, as I could not ask anyone for direction

.

When I walked back from the HQ, I came across a man who was in a hurry to catch his bus, but obliged to take a photo of mine in front of the FIFA plaque at the entrance. He was an employee of our famed Tata Consultancy Services. From there I walked over to the Zoo.Natesan at FIFA HQ-3 Zurich zoo is situated closer to FIFA HQ. From outside I could hear different noises of the inhabitants there, but I did not want to go inside. I did not like seeing animals and birds in cages. I believe, we the human beings are no way qualified to exhibit animals, birds and fish for our pleasure. These speechless creatures are much more civilized and disciplined than us. We shall allow them to live the way they want to live. If they happen to read a day’s newspaper, then we will not have a face to show to them!!

.

I walked back. Took the tram back to the main station. Again I had to cross the lake. There too I found a man to help me click a photograph. Back in the room, it was pack up time. Vacated the room and again headed to the railway station. The same ticket was enough as it was valid for full day. Reached back at the main station, sat on the train to Mannheim, Germany. I had a reserved ticket for this.

.

The train took exactly three hours and thirty minutes to reach the destination. Now, to travel among the Schengen countries, Natesan at FIFA HQ-7we do not require separate visa. Once we get our visa stamped at any one of the listed countries upon our arrival, we can travel anywhere as we please. Schengen is a place in Luxembourg and here is the place the European countries inked the agreement to do away with visa restrictions among many other things. The countries that are presently in this agreement are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands and Norway. Inside the train, when we crossed the swiss boarder and entered Germany at Basal, German Police boarded the train and checked passports at random.

.

It is almost midnight in Germany. The outside temperature is below zero. I am just leaned back on my bed in the hotel room. It is time to say goodnight to my friend –my laptop. The romance with the laptop continues tomorrow and the offsprings in the shape of stories will come out in the open for everyone of my friends to see...till then Tschüß(''choose'' this is the pronounciation that means good bye in German).....

Natesan at FIFA HQ-4

5 comments:

  1. You are connecting Europe and Olavipe, that is the greatness in your write ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in Europe will not be so interesting; thanks for your wonderful write up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victory Sports Club joined FIFA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeaha nattu , thanks for your wonderful writeup.
    Keep in touch.What abt your job in Germany?
    Share all the experience with us.
    rgds,
    santhosh

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts